Wednesday, November 6, 2013

LAST DAYS IN ITALY!!!

Oh my goodness! I have been working on this blog for over 3 years now, and I thought I was truly looking forward to it's completion, because it was a labor of love that took so much of my time! But, now I am working on my very last post of Roam Italy, and I find myself a nostalgic blubbering mess! It is my story, and my heart and soul are in the photos and the memories. I can look back at the pictures and remember the feelings, and the sounds and smells, and the joy of the moment! Life in Italy had many, many hardships, but it was also the most exciting adventure of my life! I am not a writer, so I will not write a book here about my feelings on this. But for those who followed the Watson adventures faithfully on here, just know that I am grateful for your appreciation and support, and grateful for the opportunity to share our experiences with you. A lot of people followed my blog, but there are a few die-hard fans (besides both sets of awesome grandparents and the favorite uncle Greg) who I want to acknowledge and thank for giving me feedback from time to time -- Bill Moeller, Robin Kimmelman, Robyn Essig, Courtney Epstein, Missy Robinson, Stacy Billhartz, Wendy Freeman, Dorothy Auty, Donna Graul, Kathy Koch, Bill and Ro Boston, Dawn Meeks, Sharene Brown, Su Schultz, Joy Dunlap, and Shirley Lawing. I'm sorry if I missed someone who was devoted and I just wasn't aware! Thank you! I will, after a time, shut down this webpage and remove it forever. But, don't panic! Before I do that, I am getting it printed for the kids and for me and Bryan.

So, over those last few days, we spent time driving around to our favorite nearby places and soaking it in. I even took pictures of all of it again, even though I already had them -- feeling an ownership and wishing that would help them stay with me.

More than anything, I think I will miss seeing this mountain everyday.


Beautiful, peaceful Gorgazzo

Andrew was very sad and quiet.  Aged 11-14 in Italy is an important time.


Sara, not so sad -- excited to go back to the states!

We had to say goodbye to our beautiful home of three years, and our "hometown" of Dardago…

Poor Andrew, again!


I was a lucky girl to have this view from my house!

We did have happy faces upon moving into the TLF for a few days though!

And on that VERY last day, we went to say goodbye to our favorite people, and places we ate, and places we shopped…

Goodbye Il Gelato, you have spoiled us FOR LIFE!  None better!

Goodbye to our favorite restaurant and waiter, Stefano, at San Giorgios.
(Stefano's not the grumpy type like he looks here!)

Goodbye to my favorite busy coffee shop ladies, at Stradella's

Goodbye to my dear friend Esperia, and her mother, at Viaggi Travel

And goodbye to signore Enzo and his daughter, at Best Art, who made all of my travel art purchases look amazing.

Goodbye to the Aviano market, every Tuesday

At this point, I really have no more words. Arrivederci Italia! The Watsons will never forget you!

END, ROAM ITALY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment for Deb!